- RSS Channel Showcase 5449746
- RSS Channel Showcase 6742157
- RSS Channel Showcase 7039448
- RSS Channel Showcase 8522251
Articles on this Page
- 11/26/14--14:31: _Take the focus off ...
- 01/21/15--13:33: _A ‘connection’ or h...
- 03/09/15--12:36: _Is it my issues or ...
- 03/24/15--14:08: _We Have To Allow Ou...
- 04/29/15--13:57: _I’m still standing....
- 05/26/15--14:06: _Dismissing those ch...
- 06/08/15--13:01: _Set The Standard
- 08/03/15--12:55: _Forget this hinting...
- 09/21/15--13:30: _Forgiving Me For Ab...
- 10/10/15--01:53: _Podcast Ep.8: Inapp...
- 04/01/16--10:02: _Life’s Trials Revea...
- 05/16/16--07:50: _This isn’t love: Yo...
- 09/28/16--13:26: _Advice Wednesday: S...
- 07/19/17--10:32: _About Unconditional...
- 07/21/17--11:45: _Podcast Ep. 88: You...
- 11/26/14--14:31: Take the focus off them and bring it back to you
- 03/09/15--12:36: Is it my issues or am I in the wrong relationship?
- 03/24/15--14:08: We Have To Allow Our Friendships To Evolve
- 04/29/15--13:57: I’m still standing. You’re still standing. We’re still standing.
- 05/26/15--14:06: Dismissing those childhood experiences is akin to dismissing you
- 06/08/15--13:01: Set The Standard
- 08/03/15--12:55: Forget this hinting malarkey. I’m going all the way.
- 09/21/15--13:30: Forgiving Me For Abandonment
- 05/16/16--07:50: This isn’t love: You’re in pattern, they’re in pattern
- 09/28/16--13:26: Advice Wednesday: Should I Let My Ex Know About My BPD Diagnosis?
- 07/19/17--10:32: About Unconditional Love
- 07/21/17--11:45: Podcast Ep. 88: You’re Not The Boss of Me!
Our relationships romantic and otherwise, give us a window into understanding who we are and where we need to step up for ourselves. When we find that we’re experiencing the lather, rinse, repeat of the same type of person in a different package and the Groundhog Day of yet another situation that leaves us feeling
“We have an amazing connection”, said so many people who are struggling to understand why they’re not experiencing deep, committed, loving, progressing, balanced, consistent relationships with the very people that they’re referring to. “But, we have so much in common!”, said many a confused person who doesn’t share the common ground of the same perception
The post A ‘connection’ or having ‘so much in common’ isn’t the same as intimacy appeared first on Baggage Reclaim with Natalie Lue.
It can be incredibly frustrating to desire healthier relationships and to have done some self work, only to get into a relationship and experience a near assault of confusing emotions that leave us struggling to distinguish between our own issues and the existence of concerns. We can become almost paralysed by the task of needing
The post Is it my issues or am I in the wrong relationship? appeared first on Baggage Reclaim with Natalie Lue.
One of the challenges that friendship can sometimes pose is this desire, whether its on our part or on the part of our friend(s), that nothing changes or that the friendship is maintained in orderly fashion. There are often roles within friendships, particularly imbalanced ones where one party may be more of a Florence
There’s this falsehood that many people who are in the process of improving their self-esteem, addressing unhealthy or redundant habits, or who are thinking about doing any of these things, subscribe to, and it’s this idea that once we tackle whatever it is that we think has held us back and even “grow up” as
The post I’m still standing. You’re still standing. We’re still standing. appeared first on Baggage Reclaim with Natalie Lue.
Many Baggage Reclaimers are dealing with people who have an attitude of, “Yeah, I beat you, cussed you down, ignored you, tormented you, abandoned you, abused your parent or siblings, breached your boundaries and all sorts of malarkey, but we’re family. Blood is thicker than water. Why aren’t you carrying on as if we’re best
The post Dismissing those childhood experiences is akin to dismissing you appeared first on Baggage Reclaim with Natalie Lue.
At what point do we say, “Enough”? It needs to be at the point where we’re feeling so desperate to keep someone in our life that we’re willing to let go of everything that needs to matter to us – our sense of self, our values, and most certainly, our boundaries and standards. It pains
I turned thirty-eight last week and while there are many takeaways from what was actually an emotionally tough but very much necessary year—and I’ll be sharing these in another post—one thing that I won’t be doing is stopping short of expressing what I truly feel or think on the basis of “not hurting people’s feelings”.
The post Forget this hinting malarkey. I’m going all the way. appeared first on Baggage Reclaim with Natalie Lue.
As a child, it’s hard to conceive why a parent isn’t around or doesn’t treat you with love, care, trust and respect so we determine that for a grownup to behave in this way, we must have done something “really really bad” or just flat-out been “unlovable”. Once we stop using the same childhood reasoning
It’s that time of the week again – there’s a new episode of my podcast, The Baggage Reclaim Sessions. I can’t believe it’s been eight weeks already! Here’s what I cover in episode 8: Those inappropriate and insensitive remarks to singles: When I was single, I felt like one of those bad date clowns because
In case you hadn’t guessed already, I’m taking a break. I’m currently on the Spanish island of Majorca on our annual holiday and will be taking some more time out on my return so that I can continue to reboot but to also catch up on some behind-the-scenes stuff. Eleven years ago, I didn’t know,
It’s so hard when I witness someone who keeps throwing themselves in the front line of pain by repeatedly returning to a toxic relationship or not leaving it. It’s not just because I’ve done it myself and it felt like a gradual exorcism of the past I’d veered between burying and blaming me for; it’s
The post This isn’t love: You’re in pattern, they’re in pattern appeared first on Baggage Reclaim with Natalie Lue.
Stephanie asks: One year after my ex broke up with me, I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. We had issues; I was clingy/jealous, he was avoidant/promised more than he could keep. I offered to seek treatment, spend time apart and try again, but he said he needed a “clean break” and since then
The post Advice Wednesday: Should I Let My Ex Know About My BPD Diagnosis? appeared first on Baggage Reclaim with Natalie Lue.
Love can seem very complicated and painful but the truth is, it’s only like that when we use our feelings to try to control the uncontrollable. We say that we love someone and next thing, we’ve rolled out a whole load of expectations about who and what we think that person ‘should’ be and do
Subscribe on iTunes | Soundcloud | Android On this week’s episode of The Baggage Reclaim Sessions, I talk about making work, a business, money, co-workers, romantic partners, friends, something, the boss of us, so much so that it’s a surrogate parent. I explain: Why feelings of inadequacy that had crept up on me around being